Norway approves Chrysaor's Grevling transaction
Sign up to our daily newsletter Subscribe TodayPackages from Â£10 per month
Norwayâs energy ministry has approved Chrysaorâs acquisition of 15% of a licence from Okea.
Licence PL 038D contains the Grevling discovery.
Chrysaorâs partners are Okea, 55%, and Petoro, 30%.
Chrysaor chief executive Phil Kirk said: âBuilding our asset position on the Norwegian Continental Shelf is a key part of our strategy to become a market leading North European E&P company.
âReceiving approval for the transfer of the PL 038D licence is an important first step in delivering on our growth plans.â
Recommended for youX
North-east windfarms get Â£1m in 'constraint payments'
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Zen and the art of engineering analysis
- Fossil fuels are not against ScottishPower parentâs philosophy
- Academic defends position on taxpayer decom costs
- If we want more large wind developments in Scotland, work needs to start now
- Oil and gas leaders need to pay attention to stretched workforce